Tuesday, February 19, 2013

February Ipsy my glam bag

It's Ipsy glam bag time again! This month's theme is "Red Carpet Ready" and full of great beauty products. If you've never heard of Ipsy, they are a beauty subscription service that you can sign up for at www.ipsy.com and for $10 a month (plus tax in CA and NC) you get a cosmetic bag with 4-5 deluxe or full sized beauty products to try out. This was my second bag and I was not disappointed. Right now there is a waiting list if you sign up, but it seems from their facebook wall that most people are on the wait list for around 3-4 weeks. 
So here is this month's bag....





I was a little disappointed in the actual cosmetic bag this month. It was supposed to look like black patent leather I think, it just looks and feels very cheap. However, my 9 year old daughter loved it so I gave it to her for her small stash of lip glosses.

The first item in the bag is the Pixi Flawless & Poreless face primer. This is a deluxe sample and there is a ton in it. I've never used a face primer before either so I was excited to try it out. It blended easily into my skin and my foundation applied smoothly over it. Full size product costs $29.


The next product is Coastal Scents eye shadow sample quad. I love these colors! This eye shadow is creamy and applies well with an eye shadow brush. The colors are very pigmented and lasted all day. The full size of these colors sells for $1.99 each on the Coastal Scents website. 

The next item is the Pop Smokey Lash Kapow mascara in black. It is a deluxe sample in the color black. This mascara applies smoothly and easily I haven't had any problems with "raccoon eyes" like many mascaras tend to do. Also no clumping. Full size on the website (which seems tobe uk based) and retails for £10.50 on their website. 

 This product is the star of the bag in my opinion! Mica beauty gel eye liner. It is a full sized product, the only difference between this one and one you order from Mica is there is no eyeliner brush included in this sample....no big deal, you can get an eyeliner brush at any drug store for cheap. This eyeliner glides on smoothly and makes crisp, sharp lines and beautiful wings for the cat eye and kitten eye look. It is a long lasting, smudge resistant formula as well. The color we received is black, but it is available in 6 colors. This eye liner sells for $35, but is currently on sale on their website for $30! An awesome deal for only $10! 

The last product is the Lash card. We got a deluxe sample pack which has 4 individually wrapped lash cards in it. I was really excited to try this product out, it seems like a great innovation. These cards are meant to be used behind your lashes as you apply mascara. You hold the card up to your eye line behind your lashes and then apply your makeup. I am not able to use these cards after all. I wear glasses all the time....I'm pretty blind really, or at least that's what I like to tell people LOL. But in all honesty. these cards were very awkward for me to  use because I can't see without my glasses and had to get really close to the mirror to apply my eye makeup. I didn't use the cards after all. I could see how this would be great some people. but for me they weren't. The lash card comes 10 to a pack for &6.99. 

Over all this was an amazing bag....the gel liner alone more than paid for the cost of the bag. I've used all the products (except the lash cards) almost daily and love them. I can't wait to see what Ipsy has in store of us next month :)

No comments:

Post a Comment