Thursday, February 7, 2013

Julep Maven February box

Hi all. I made a new blog for all my reviews and random thoughts. I decided that since I never really blogged about anything mommy related, the title mom on the run didn't fit my blog. If you care to see any of my old blog posts, they can be accessed here http://mommieontherun.blogspot.com/

Anyways, on to the topic of this post...Julep! I discovered Julep after Christmas and have become a total addict! This month was my very first Maven box. Julep has a monthly subscription service for nail polish and manicure/pedicure products. Each month you receive a box of 2-3 polishes and a product for only $19.99 with free shipping. You also have the option to purchase add ons (other color polish and things like polish remover and lotion), upgrade to the entire wardrobe of colors or skip the month without canceling your membership or penalty. 

My profile is "Classic with a twist" but this month I chose the "American Beauty" box instead.  The theme this month is called Get on the A list and it is inspired by Hollywood glitz and glamour. They included a bonus item this month too, the Freedom top coat! More about that later. So here is what I saw when I opened my box....
 And when I took off all the pretty wrapping.....
 So I knew to expect the Oxygen treatment, and the Freedom top coat with my colors, but I was pleasantly surprised they included a travel sized eye lash curler (for red carpet ready lashes) and two chocolate hearts! Julep is so good to us mavens!

The oxygen treatment is a treatment that restructures and strengthens your nails. It says to use it twice a week. Oxygen has a slight pink tint to it as well. Let me tell you, it looks beautiful on my nails. It is not recommended to use polish over oxygen, so I have used it when I took off polish and didn't have time to repolish. Here is a picture of oxygen on my nails....
The two colors that came in my American beauty box are Joan and Sally. Joan is a really pretty raspberry color with gold shimmer. Sally is a classic ivory cream. I also purchased Rebel as an add on. Rebel is a silver holographic. Another possible add on (that I purchased previously) was Jane which is a rose gold glitter. Here is a picture of Jane, Sally and Joan swatched....
Lastly is the Freedom top coat. Freedom is a polymer topcoat that dries to a hard gel like finish with crazy shine, without the damage of gel polish and without special UV lighting in only 5 minutes. The only downside to freedom is that you have to apply it to dry polish....it will not dry your polish for you. But that is a small price to pay for the beautiful shine and long lasting finish. I literally changed my 5 month old son's diaper 5 minutes after applying freedom to my nails and no smudges! 
Here is Freedom on top of Rebel. Rebel is a beautiful holographic that I just can't seem to capture the effect of fully on camera....but here it is....

 Well my review was a bit longer than I planned but I hope you enjoyed it. If you are interested in trying out Julep, please use my referral link http://www.julep.com/rewardsref/index/refer/id/98609/ with my referral code 7592893 so I can get credit. You can use the code PENNY to get your sign up box for only a penny plus $4.98 shipping. Thanks :)

My next reviews will be the February IPSY bag and the Julep Cupid's Mystery box. 

No comments:

Post a Comment