Monday, February 11, 2013

Julep Cupid's Mystery Box

So I am fairly new to Julep but I love their polishes and have been watching review videos and blogs since before I officially joined. I have seen several previous mystery boxes and how great of a deal they are, so when I saw they would be offering a Valentine's day mystery box I was excited! For only $19.99 we were promised a box valued between $70-$200 dollars, with at least 4 nail polish colors plus either a mystery holographic or a coupon for a free color of your choice. You also could possibly be the lucky recipient of jewelery from Baublebar or a $1000 Visa gift card. Sounds like an awesome deal, right?? Not only that, but I had recently purchased a deal from bloomspot that gave me $50 worth of Julep product for only $20. So I ordered a mystery box as well as some other sale items.

Here is my mystery box, unwrapped:
I obviously received a lower value box, and honestly, I was kind of disappointed when I opened it. From seeing all these great previous boxes with lotions and such included, I think I had a way higher expectation of my box. That said, my box was still an amazing deal! I got 5 nail polishes, which at $14 each regular price, puts the value at $70 right there. I also got a lip gloss, which I can't find lip glosses on the website, but mascara sells for $24 so I figure that the lip gloss would be somewhere between $14 and $24 price....which makes the value of my box somewhere between $84-94!

Here are the colors I got:

Molly - classic red creme (creme finish)
Carrie - classic cotton candy pink creme (creme finish)
Lynn - nude blush pearl (pearl finish)
Maria - shimmering platinum rose (frost finish)

Evangeline (third color in the picture) - this was the mystery holographic color. I'm not sure exactly what color describes it, I've seen some people call it nutmeg....I think it's kind of a rosey goldish color. It is very pretty although I don't think it is quite as holographic as Rebel or Ginger.

Carmellia - light pink, shimmery lip gloss. Smells awesome and goes on smoothly.

I've seen some people complain their colors weren't Valentine-ish enough....I absolutely love my colors and think they are all the perfect shades for Valentine's day....now I just have to figure out which one I will wear this week! Happy Valentine's day everyone :)

**To join Julep and become a maven, go to http://www.julep.com/rewardsref/index/refer/id/98609/ and use referral code 7592893 so they know I sent you :) If you use the code FREEBOX in check out and only pay shipping and handling for your start up box!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jeannie, great honest review, I was the same..excited thinking I may get a bigger box, however I received the same box you did without holographic, but a free nail polish card, so for the price we paid I thought it was terrific.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I agree it was a fantastic deal, and I definitely would buy another mystery box in the future. It's a gamble, but a fun one! :)

      Delete